Exciting opportunity to join the Coaching and Sports Science Team at Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka
The Coach-Sports Scientist will be responsible for the successful implementation of the team’s high performance program with up to 10 athletes. They will effectively collaborate with the Performance Team (directeur sportifs, coaches/sports scientists) to optimize each athlete’s preparation and performance delivery, in accordance with the team’s standard practices.
- MSc or PhD in Sports and Exercise Science/Exercise Physiology or similar qualification.
- Passion for and understanding of pro-level road cycling.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of determinants of endurance performance and mechanisms of fatigue during high intensity/volume exercise
- Experience of laboratory and/or field testing of athletes, and then the interpretation and practical application of such data.
- +3 years experience and demonstrated success in endurance sports coaching
- Competent in the use of coaching hardware and software.
- Well developed interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills in a multicultural work environment.
- High levels of energy, drive, initiative combined.
- Well developed critical thinking skills and an analytical mindset.
- Able to work effectively in small, multi-tasking team environment.
- Fluent in English, with well developed oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to fair play and clean sport.
- Current national Cycling Coach certification and UCI licence.
This position is based at our Performance Centre in Lucca, Italy. As such, the successful candidate will require the necessary documentation to live and work in the EU. The role will include travel to international training camps and competitions and flexibility in working hours is expected.
Salary will be commensurate with knowledge, experience and qualifications.
Applications in the form of a CV and cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position should be sent to email@example.com Further details will be provided to shortlisted candidates. References will be required for the successful applicant.
Closing Date: Friday 27 October 2017